Re: 2.1.91: ALPHA

Martin Konold (konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:35:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Russell Coker - mailing lists account wrote:

> kernel with "make vmlinux", compressed it with gzip, and copied it to the

Try "make boot" instead. Do not compress the image yourself!

> What might I be doing wrong? Do I need to install a 2.1.x MILO in place of
> the old version of MILO that works for 2.0.30?

I do not think so.

> Also when I ran "make menuconfig" I selected "AlphaXL" and "ARC", but the

make menuconfig used to be fairly broken. Use "make config" instead.

YOurs,
-- martin

Linus: "Microsoft makes bad programs but they have good user interfaces"
Stefan: "Even Linus can be wrong..."
Torben: "Linus is not wrong, but KDE people make VERY good user interfaces"
*** KDE the choice of a GUI generation ***