Re: ISDN (ipppd) and SOCK_PACKET

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
07 Apr 1998 18:52:20 +0200

Gerard Paul Java <gerardj@cebu.mozcom.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Can someone please tell me or direct me to information regarding the
> behavior of synchronous PPP over ISDN when packets are captured with a
> SOCK_PACKET socket? Really important here is the ARPHRD_ type and how
> large the data link header is, if any.
>
> Please point out any differences between the 2.0.x and 2.1.x series.

For 2.1 you need the patches for libpcap/tcpdump from
ftp.inr.ac.ru:/ip-routing/ With that tcpdump works much better (is device
type independent etc.) than ever in 2.0. I use it on a syncppp interface
daily and it works fine.

For 2.0 you might have look with the tcpdump patches from ftp.gwdg.de (sorry,
don't have the actual paths handy).

-Andi