Re: MCA in or out?

Shaw Carruthers (shaw@shawc.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 16:30:56 +0100 (GMT+0100)

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Klaus Kudielka wrote:

> Um, what is that one supposed to do? Now all host adapters will have the same
> I/O address!? What was wrong with the original code? Did you try
> "ibmmcascsi=0x3540" as kernel parameter?

Thanks for that.

The problem with the original code as I see it, is that the documentation
& comments say to use ibmmcascsi=7 and 0x3540 is not mentioned.

The module interface, which you wrote, has parameters scsi_id,io_port
which is fine.

But ibmmca.c compiled into the kernel, which I have, uses the interface in
linux/init/main.c which has only one set of integers which are used as
io_port values.

So ibmmca_scsi_setup is broken and all my patch does is bodge it so
it works as documented.

Also it is asserted that 'if ((pos2 & 1) == 0)' detects integrated
adapters on Model 56, but I have a 56 486SLC3 with pos:

SCSI: ff ff 01 e0 ff ff ff ff

So the converse is true for me.

--
Shaw Carruthers - shaw@shawc.demon.co.uk