Re: new kmod.c - debuggers and testers needed

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 06:01:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Greg Zornetzer wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Okay, I just put a new version of kmod.c, along with my other versions of
> kmod on the web. They can be found at
> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz/kmod/
>
> 3. This patch won't help the Alpha people - I remember an email saying
> that someone is looking in to implementing fork() properly for the alpha

Actually, Richard Henderson re-worked kmod to use the existing
kernel_thread() functionality on all architectures. Apparently, a kernel
fork is not practical on the Alpha (glad I found this out before blowing
the weekend on it..). Thanks again, Richard.

Steve