Re: strange lsmod behaviour (QM_INFO: No such file or directory)

Adrian Bridgett (adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com)
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 19:07:09 +0100

On Wed, Apr 08, 1998 at 07:56:47PM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 1998 at 07:40:07PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> > I did a "mount /zip" (using ppa.o) and it didn't do anything. So I tried an
> > "lsmod" which now comes back with strange errors. This is on 2.1.91:
> >

> > [1]wyvern:~$ lsmod
> > Module Size Used by
> > lsmod: QM_INFO: No such file or directory
> > [1]wyvern:~$ cat /proc/modules
> > sb 24864 0 (deleted)
>
> Check your log for oopses. The only time you should see a module
> in this state is if it oopsed during cleanup_module.

Yep - it's the Sound Blaster OOPS. BTW 2.1.94 OOPed on boot (looked like
when trying to mount either the VFAT or NTFS or possibly something NIS
related) - unfortunately I was at work so I couldn't spend any time copying
down the info. I've still got the kernel and can try again on Tuesday early
in the morning if anyone is interested.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett | 2.0 release soon - over 1800
PGP key available on public key servers | packages on a stable OS