Re: OFFTOPIC: Linus for Man of the Century

Gerhard Mack (gmack@imag.net)
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > The DALnet #Linux has started a movement to get Linus Torvalds voted as Man of
> > the Century. Their idea is to get a massive number of votes for Linus, which
> > would at least get the attention of Linux if nothign else. They estimate that
> > they need about 1 million votes to pull it off.
>
> Kibo tried this prank too, there is also a turkish group trying to get
> certain people voted up and an anti US cuban protest working on getting
> Castro top

HUH?

Is this the same linux channel that's been known to tell people off and
kick them out for asking questions?
Where an OP nuked me while I was downloading linux?
Where users have been told that linux sucks just so people won't come
back?
It seems to me that that channel has sone more harm to the cause then
good, now you want to promote it?

Grow up.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Mack
irc admin centurion.starchat.net

gmack@imag.net innerfire@starchat.net

As a computer I find your faith in technology amusing.