Re: new kmod.c available

Greg Zornetzer (gaz@andrew.cmu.edu)
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 20:59:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Greg Zornetzer wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just put up kmod.c.v6 on http://athena.res.cmu.edu/kmod/
so I'm sorry to reply to my own message, but upon a little more testing,
it looks like there might be a race introduced in kmod.c.v6. I've been
noticing it when using diald to bring up ppp - an ifconfig takes a while.
I can't look into this tonight, but I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
Haven't run into any functional problems with v5, so that one's safe if
you want a system that seems to work 100%.
If anyone can spot the problem, please send me a copy of the fix.
Thanks,

Greg Zornetzer - gaz+@andrew.cmu.edu
"Light shines brightest in the darkest night"
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gaz