cdda2wav locks machine hard 2.1.95 Re: xcdroast hates 2.1.95's drivers/scsi/sg.c

Differential Form (modulus@interlog.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:09:38 +0000 ( )

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Manuel J. Galan wrote:

> I can confirm preious messages with this subject.
>
> It is _not_ a kmod problem.
>
> The problem seems to be in the last changes to sg.c, reverting
> to 2.1.94 version cures the problem (but maybe creates
> some other?)

I've just found something similar today. When I run cdda2wav on /dev/sga
(or sg0) it locks the machine hard requiring a reset. No messages in the
log file.
I did not have the problem in 2.1.89 (I leapfrogged kernels since
x.90-94 were unusable for me).

Martin