Re: SMP Kernels and non-Intel processors

Bob Lorenzini (hwm@netcom.com)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:01:10 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Brian Gerst wrote:

> I realise this, but it's a general pain in the ass because of where the
> SMP config is. In the Makefile it's out of sight and out of mind, only
> to be found out when you boot the new kernel, which promptly crashes.

I agree with this. Being the dumb shit I am, I only understand about 5%
of what passes on this list but I guess its there for a reason I have
yet to understand. I must also admit that I too have been bitten by this.
I usually patch for about 15 kernel iterations or so until I get a fresh
source and have to redo my personal patches.

Bob