Re: Applications starting to cause problems

Byron Stanoszek (gandalf@winds.org)
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:29:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> 2.1.95 has been extremely stable on my particular box with nearly 4 days
> uptime at loads near 30. I am having problems with some user applications
> dying for no apparent reason and no error messages logged. In order to
> rule out the kernel or glibc, I am recompiling glibc with the 2.1.95
> headers. Since I am using Debian, I am sure you know the story here. Most
> of the apps I am using are compiled with 2.0.32 headers along with glibc.
>
> I am recompiling with 2.1.95 headers to see if that cures problems I am
> having with inetd and cucipop dying. I am going to take it a step at a
> time, recompile the libc, then recompile the app. If I still have trouble
> with inetd, there might be some other trouble with the kernel.

Hey:) I just had that happen too last night at 3:10am. No apparant reason, no
error logs or anything, my MARE service just decided to turn itself off.
(internet tcp port 7348, hope that helps if any).. Just reporting the bug.

---
      .               .      |   - Gandalf, the Administrator of WindsMARE -
 -~~--__- WindsMARE -__--~~- |       Byron Stanoszek - gandalf@winds.org
   `                     '   |  telnet://winds.org:7348, http://www.winds.org