Re: RealAudio5.0 locks laptop

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 17:32:38 +0200 (MEST)

Hannu Savolainen wrote:
>I think this lockup is caused by some kind of design flaw in the ISDN
>card (or a driver bug). Few other users have reported similar problems
>when using some ISDN adapter (I recall it was made by Hayes) while playing
>sound. There are no problems as long as the ISDN adapter is not used at
>the same time with sound.

I don't think so. I do experience some hard lockups when playing sounds
with the "mxaudio" mpeg player on my notebook, which doesn't have an ISDN
card.

It could be a generic "interrupt" problem, as notebook was connected to a
busy Ethernet (3com pcmcia card) when that happened.

The sound driver used was OSS/commercial (don't have the version number at
hand, the notebook is at home and switched off, sorry).

gert

--
email: gert@greenie.muc.de   fax: +49-89-3244814   http://www.leo.org/~doering

We promise according to our hopes and perform according to our fears. -- La Rochefoucald