Re: beos-bootloader? (fwd)

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:44:35 +0400 (MSD)

15-Apr-98 19:40 you wrote:
> > Hey folks, I have a BeOS Release 3 CD sitting in front of me. So you got
> > somebody that has one, what do you need done?
>
> Verify
>
> 1. If it contains a copy of LOADLIN (or LOADBE or whatever they have
> called it). Strings it for similar strings

Strings is not needed here:
http://www.be.com/support/qandas/faqs/faq-0463.html:
-- cut --
An installed copy of the BeOS can be booted in any of several supported ways:
[snip]
Using the included Windows application "BeOS Launcher" (which is really just
"loadlin" hacked up a bit) to boot the BeOS from Windows.
-- cut --