Re: 2.1.96: networking connections still hang

Alan Crosswell (alan@watsun.cc.columbia.edu)
Thu, 16 Apr 98 13:31:09 EDT

> From: "Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com>
> Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 00:09:33 -0700
> Subject: 2.1.96: networking connections still hang

I've seen this hang too. It appears to be some kind of
interoperability problem between 2.0.27 and 2.1.95. I've had rcp's
hang between these two systems. The same rcp between 2.1.95 and a
Solaris host works fine as does rcp getween two 2.1.95 machines. I
think this is MTU/window/fragmentation-related as an interactive
telnet works OK, but the rcp hangs. In my case, the 2.1.96 machine
was on a PPP dialup connection and the 2.0.27 machine is Ethernet.

/a