Re: Audiotrix Pro support as a module

Pierre Phaneuf (pphaneuf@sx.nec.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 14:32:39 -0400

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> Try this out:
>
> <ftp://ftp.shout.net/pub/users/mec/experimental/sound-module.blurb>
> <ftp://ftp.shout.net/pub/users/mec/experimental/sound-module.diff>
>
> This is against 2.1.95. I haven't made a 2.1.96 version yet. If it
> doesn't patch against 2.1.96, you'll have to back off to .95 to use it.
> Sorry about that.
>
> I rewrote Makefile from scratch and deleted a lot of redundant stuff
> in Defines and local.h.master.
>
> I've done some testing on it myself but not enough to put it in my
> regular patch directory. I'm very interested in bug reports. Even if
> it doesn't work, it's easier to read.

I downloaded the patch, but before trying it out, I want to be sure
sounds work correctly as a module. I hacked drivers/sound/Makefile and
drivers/sound/Defines so that it would compile everything correctly so
that 'depmod -ae' would be happy. Now I'm compiling and I'll try this
out.

If the Audiotrix driver seems to work, I'll apply your patch and
recompile.

BTW, is there any guidelines, help or FAQ about the building process?

--
Pierre Phaneuf <pphaneuf@sx.nec.com>, HNSX Supercomputers Inc.

It is very easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all. -- The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, about the products of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. (What about Microsoft?)