Re: logging problem with 2.1.89

John Covici (covici@ccs.covici.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:02:23 -0400

on Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:35:41 -0400 (EDT) "Vijay G. Bharadwaj" <vgb@isr.umd.edu> in
<Pine.SOL.3.95q.980416163156.6621C-100000@segfault.isr.umd.edu> wrote:
>Known problem - basically somewhere around 2.1.7x, the kernel PCI probe at
>bootup time started putting out a message with the % character in it,
>which crashed klogd due to a bug in klogd. This has now been fixed, get a
>new sysklogd (which will also cure the "Error seeking in /dev/kmem" error
>message you see) from
><ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/sysklogd> or from
><ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/daemons>

Well I did get sysklogd-1.3-25 from sunsite, but it doesn't compile on
my system. I get the following error message:

ksym_mod.c:82: sys/module.h: No such file or directory

and upon examining the source it appears that it needs to have __GLIBC
to be defined. I am using redhat 5.0 which uses glibc, but I am not
sure how to proceed.

--
         John Covici
          covici@ccs.covici.com