Re: SMB in 2.1.x

Khimenko Victor (khim@sch57.msk.ru)
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 15:11:14 +0400 (MSD)

19-Apr-98 10:23 you wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 08:08:26 +0300, you wrote:
>
> >> I was just wondering how one mounts smb shares in 2.1.x ...
> >
> >Using smbmount from latest Samab package.
>
> But make sure you get a binary distribution as it is difficult (impossible?) to
> build using the latest kernels & glibc.

Last version of samba has all needed patches included in tar file for this...
May be you just could not find them ? It's copiles just fine in RedHat 5.0 if
you'll use patches specialli designed for RedHat 5.0 support FROM THE SAME
tar file as samba itself (unfortunatelly I am could not remember directory
name but there are ready to use patch and even .spec file :-)