Re: Hohum: 2.0.34pre10 uploaded

linux-kernel@mlist.qpa.com.au
21 Apr 1998 14:56:43 +1000

alan@cymru.net (Alan Cox) writes:

> If at first you don't succeed...
>
> 2.0.34patch10 is now available from ftp.uk.linux.org:/pub/linux/incoming
> This time it should have all the right bits in it. I've also added the
> updated PCI database I got after p9 went out.
>
> Let me know if I've screwed this one up too.

With 2.0.34patch10 (and 2.0.34patch7), I got seg fault every time
X server (XF86_S3) starts. Going back to 2.0.33 solves the problem.
This happens on all hardware I have here from 486 to pentium, PCI
and ISA, with different brands of display cards.

Does anyone have any idea what changes in the pre versions can cause
this problem ?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Quy.