Re: 2.1.9[67] SCSI problem, maybe aic7xxx module

Doug Ledford (dledford@dialnet.net)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:10:34 -0500

Thomas Foerch wrote:

> When booting the 2.1.96 or 2.1.97 kernel the screen is filled with the
> following message:
>
> (scsi0:0:6:-1) Unexpected bus free, LASTPHASE=0xa0, SEQADDR=0xa5
>
> This happens after my Adaptec 2940UW has been initialized and the SCSI
> bus has been scaned for devices.

I think you'll find that if you disable wide negotiation on the Cd-ROM
device (id #6) that the problem will be gone. There seems to be a generic
issue with only a few devices (so far, one model of CD-ROM and one model of
CD-R) that can't handle doing both a wide negotiation and a synchronous
negotiation in the same command even though they are done in distinctly
different message phases.

--

Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net> Opinions expressed are my own, but they should be everybody's.