Re: daemon-less kmod & Alpha no-go!

Richard Henderson (rth@dot.cygnus.com)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:43:18 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 11:13:57AM -0700, Adam J. Richter wrote:
> By setting up a user defined signal handler, which would be inherited
> through the create_thread() call, it would be possible to get that
> signal handler to execute as the superuser...

If you are worried about this, don't set CLONE_SIGHAND, and do

flush_signals(current);
flush_signal_handlers(current);

But masking all signals makes userland weird out somehow. I
think it has to do with syslog, but I'm not sure. Naturally
strace or gdb can't tell me cause they don't work with signals
blocked either.

r~