Re: Euro symbol (going further off topic)

Guan Yang (guan@wk.dk)
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 12:29:59 +0800

Let's face it: It's called 'euro'. And lets _not_ get nostalgic (or
whatever it's called) and continue with this "oh, they should have
called it <something>" discussion. Rather, we should agree on a
standard. There are only about 200 days left, and we need to write,
hack, test, correct, etc., etc. ('we' is not accurate, as I am not going
to participate in it, as I am not a kernel hacker). All _I_ care about
is that Linux will support the Euro well, and that Linux will do it
faster, better and more efficiently (?) than other operating systems.
The Euro symbol _must_ be in 2.2, at least 2.2.20, or else I'm switching
to something else (I hear M$ is releasing NT5 soon...)! Note: This is
not a threat, just a statement of intent meant as a threat.