Re: 2.1.97 PATCH for daemonless kmod, latest version

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 07:09:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Adam J. Richter wrote:

> Here is the latest version of the daemonless kmod, as a patch
> against pristine 2.1.97. It includes the changes to the signal
> handling code from Steve Hirsch to make it work on an Alpha.

Let credit lie where it's due: Richard Henderson made the suggestion for
this change, I was just the person who sent the resulting patch in. And,
though I'm glad the symptoms are gone, I'm still suspicious of why the
sigfillset() function was creating problems in the first place.

Thanks for posting the patches, though. Let me add my voice to those
requesting that Linus include this in the next set of kernel diffs.

Steve