Re: Linux-2.1.98..

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:34:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Bill Broadhurst wrote:

> Let it sit awhile. You'll eventually get more messages. See my post
> to Linus and list.

Can you check what happens with:
(a) no floppy driver compiled in at all
(b) the floppy driver compiled in, but with the calls to
"fd_enable_irq()" and "fd_disable_irq()" commented out.

The irq enable/disable code has some problems with the IO-APIC, and I'd
like to pinpoint whether this is the reason for your problems or not. We
should fix the IO-APIC problems too, of course, but that will take some
more doing.

Linus