Re: enable_ioapic_irq broken in arch/i386/kernel/irq.c

Charles Shannon Hendrix (shendrix@escape.widomaker.com)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 11:56:46 -0300

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.980425180917.7467E-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>, Lin
us Torvalds writes:

> Would some io-apic people try out this patch to irq.c (patch against
> 2.1.98)? It simplifies the irq handling quite a bit, I'd like to hear
> whether it is stable for you..

I tried this, and it fixed the problem of not getting past the floppy
driver init.

I have a Micronics W6-Li motherboard with known BIOS problems. It
needs patches like mtrr and Ingo's apic patches just to boot.

So, you fixed soemthing.

Now it just dies in the scsi code like it usually does. Either soft
lockup or hard lockup with a kernel panic:

Kernel panic: Inactive in scsi_request_queueable