Re: enable_ioapic_irq broken in arch/i386/kernel/irq.c

Claus-Justus Heine (claus@momo.math.rwth-aachen.de)
26 Apr 1998 17:24:46 +0200

stevei@earthworks.com.au (Steven Ireland) writes:

> With a bare 2.1.98, this system boots sometimes. When it fails to boot, it stops
> just after the FDC identification message. When it completes the boot it seems

I also have problems with the floppy driver. When inserting it as a
module, I never get beyond the floppy drive identification message --
NOT to be confused with the FDC identification message. The floppy
driver just says "fd0 is 1.44MB" or something which it does after
querying the BIOS setup, without really probing the hardware.

Afterwards it hangs somewhere, after calling user_reset_fdc() (or
however it is called). I think this is a bug in the floppy driver.

Otherwise my machine seems to run, at least no problems with Linus' new
ioapic patches.

Claus