Re: 2.1.9[78]: recvmsg bug: copied 0

MOLNAR Ingo (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 02:17:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> Linux-2.1.[78] SMP, dual P2, NMI-oopser.2.1.96-C.gz, mtrr-patch-v1.14.gz,
> ISDN, ethernet 3c905, fetchmail-4.3.7, egcs-1.0.2.
>
> Thanks for the report, we're looking at it, this is the first report
> of this kind we've ever heard of.
>
> Please, and I know it sounds senseless and a waste of time, but please
> try to reproduce this problem _without_ all the extra kernel patches
> you have installed on your system. This narrows things down such that
> we know it's a problem in the networking code, and not a bug showing
> up as a side effect of another kernel patch you have installed.

NMI-oopser.2.1.96-C has a _fatal_ bug, it executes bottom halves from
within an NMI-irq (yeah that was fun to debug :)... so i'd strongly
suggest to upgrade to the recently posted NMI-oopser.2.1.98-C patch, or
rather, to save precious Davem-cycles, to remove it completely before
reporting networking bugs :)

-- mingo