Re: 2.1.98 Netscape hangs and more

Henrik Edlund (piett@piett.com)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:26:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 ak@muc.de wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 1998 at 01:53:48PM +0200, Henrik Edlund wrote:
> > On 28 Apr 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:
> >
> > > That it happens with 2.1, but not with 2.0 points to a difference in
> > > the 2.0/2.1 select policies. Both me and David Miller looked over the
> > > code but couldn't find any difference that would explain that yet.
> >
> > It happens for me in 2.0.32 and 2.0.33.
>
> Could you verify that it is really the same bug? When it happens again
> please do strace -p <pid of netscape>. When it is in a endless
> write(.., "GET ...",..) = -EAGAIN loop it is the same bug. Note that older
> netscapes (<4.0) may sometimes hang when the dns server is rather slow,
> please make sure that it isn't that problem.

Will do. It behaves exactly as he descibed in the original letter ending
up with the strange error-windows. Retrying gets the page. I am (was)
running 4.04 and 4.05 when this happens/happened. Also I run my own DNS
(same machine).

--
Henrik Edlund <piett@piett.com>
http://www.piett.com/ or https://www.piett.com/

"They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." Leia Organa of Alderaan, Senator