Re: Linux-2.1.98.. - kmod

Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:20:20 -0700

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Greg Zornetzer wrote:

> Couple of things: I noticed that Adam added the '-s' option to the
> modprobe command line, which logs data to syslog. Maybe something is
> going wrong with this.

I did not add the -s flag. It is in the original 2.1.98
sources. The -s flag directs error messages to syslog, which I
believe is the correct thing to do anyhow.

The problems with signals on the alpha that Steve Hirsh noticed
was solved a while ago by a change that Richard Henderson had suggested.
It was in both the last 2.1.97 daemonless kmod and the 2.1.98 daemonless
kmod.

The problems with modprobe screwing up init's IO are evidently
due to the change that somebody gave me that had kmod share init's
file table as well as its root and working directories. I am going to
back out the sharing of init's file table and have it just share the
working and root directories. After I have given that change a whirl,
I will post it. It is compiling as a I am writing this email.

Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 205
adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034
fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."