Re: 2.1.99-pre3 on SMP with Adaptec and TekRam SCSI controllers

Jim (u2232341@sigma.maths.unsw.EDU.AU)
Fri, 1 May 1998 06:43:41 +1000 (EST)

My SMP system seemed to be rather stable under fair amount of load
continuously over a period of 13 hrs (load avg. of about 4.5, for the
entire period) It was tested on 2.1.98 kernel without any patches.

I tested by compiling on 3 different kernel trees continuously and well as
updatedb at the same time, in a loop. (or 4 loops :).

I was rather pleased that there was no system lockup and data corruption
towards the end (doing the same on 2.1.95 almost trashed my filesystem).
my system is Dual-Pentium 100, AIC7870 onboard, 64MB ram , 3 * 1GB SCSI +
2 * IDE .