Re: POSIX soft realtime question

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:15:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Neal Becker wrote:

> I was just trying out sched_setscheduler() with 2.1.96. I set
> sched_priority = 1. No error is returned. One thing though, ps still
> shows the priority = 0. Is ps wrong, or is there some other problem?

The normal priority and the realtime priority are stored
in different fields in the program structure.
(p->priority vs p->rt_priority)

Btw: does anybody know why this is done? It seems like
a waste of space & cycles to me...
(it could make goodness() faster & save memory)

Rik.