Re: Installing new kernels and 2.1.99 problem.

Thomas Molina (tmolina@probe.net)
Sun, 3 May 1998 08:34:01 -0500 (CDT)

Look in /usr/src/linux. There is a System.map there which should have a
timestamp equal to the end of compilation of the kernel. I've been
copying that file into /boot/version.map [e.g. 2.1.99.map] and making a
symlink to System.map from whichever kernel version I'm currently
running. I usually keep about six kernels around in /boot.