Re: 2.1.98 link freezes --> 2.1.99 machine locks up

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Sun, 3 May 1998 16:21:29 -0700

From: "Adam J. Richter" <adam@yggdrasil.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 16:05:39 -0700

Anyhow, I hope this information is useful to those
tinkering with the networking code (I think this is primarily Dave
Miller right now) and anyone trying to isolate a similar problem.

There is nothing in the current 2.1.pre100 networking which should
ever cause a total lockup, I stress the code pretty heavily on
multiple platforms, so I'd imagine I'd see any really bad lockups
before anyone else. So let's not jump to TCP stack conclusions for
the moment.

Instead, what sort of networking card do you use in this machine, and
is it SMP?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com