Re: insmod question

Rik van Riel (H.H.vanRiel@phys.uu.nl)
Mon, 4 May 1998 09:22:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Alex Buell wrote:
> On Sun, 3 May 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
>
> > It would be very good to fix this. Many other unix systems put
> > the whole symbol table in the kernel. We should do that too.
> > With compression, I get a 46kB map file.
>
> Perhaps this should be placed into a loadable module?

No, I (and I'm sure a lot of other people too) regularly
hack something in the kernel and I only do a 'make zlilo'
without a 'make modules'...
OTOH, if we just make it a config option whether we want
it as a module or compiled-in, it would be great with me.

Rik.