Re: Linux-2.1.98.. - kmod

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@ibm.net)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:35:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Adam J. Richter wrote:

> The problems with modprobe screwing up init's IO are evidently
> due to the change that somebody gave me that had kmod share init's
> file table as well as its root and working directories. I am going to
> back out the sharing of init's file table and have it just share the
> working and root directories. After I have given that change a whirl,
> I will post it. It is compiling as a I am writing this email.

Adam,

I never really understood or agreed with the need for the file-table
shuffle anyway. Just wanted to report that kmod, with the
use_init_file_context() call removed, has been working just fine on my
486 and 6x86 boxes (linux libc-5.4.44 system) and alpha (glibc-2.0.7).
I'd say this is a go.

Thanks to everyone for listening to the bug reports!

Steve