Re: Boot Logo Questions....

Brian Weiss (brian@got.net)
Wed, 13 May 1998 18:07:23 -0700

Phil's Kernel Account wrote:

> On Tue, 12 May 1998, Brian Weiss wrote:
>
> Something that should NOT have gone to the list. I did NOT CC it to the
> list for a reason. My apologies for someone so immature that he couldn't
> keep a PRIVATE email private.
>
> #Phil's Kernel Account wrote:
> #
> #> Brian, I'm not even going to bother quoting you.
> #>
> #> You're not worth it. Fucking get a clue, stop being such a goddamned
> #> elitist, and get with the program.
> #Wow, this has become such an intelligent and friendly discussion. This
> #stuff really helps in the development of Linux and this topic. Thank you
> #so much for your mail. I think I'll save this for future reference in
> #case I forget something important.
>
> Brian, I sent this privately for a reason. I sent a personal attack
> privately, I won't respond to it's response in public. If you wish to
> continue this childish argument, then don't CC it to the kernel list.
> Otherwise, I won't even bother giving you this much of a reply.
>
> #Insulting me or anyone else will do nothing but start fights... if you
> #got a problem like this, don't post it on a mailing list, especially one
> #as high traffic as this. It wastes everyone's time.
>
> If you'd note, I didn't. I sent it to you. Privately. You should observe
> the same courtesy in your reply.
>
> It makes me kinda sick when I see people who can't even keep stuff that
> SHOULD be private, and they KNOW it should be private, off the list that
> started this. My apologies once again; this was totally off-topic, and had
> absolutely NO place on the list. When I sent him the initial mail, it was
> NOT sent to this list, but obviously, Brian cannot follow the same
> courtesy.
>
> -Phil R. Jaenke (kernel@nls.net / prj@nls.net)
> TheGuyInCharge(tm), Ketyra Designs - We get paid to break stuff :)
> Linux pkrea.ketyra.INT 2.0.33 #15 Sat Apr 18 00:40:21 EDT 1998 i586
> Linux eiterra.nls.net 2.0.33 #15 Fri Apr 17 00:22:13 EDT 1998 i586
> - Linus says for 'brave people only.' I say 'keep a backup.' - :)

Thanks for the info, but I did recieve two copies, one from linux-kernel and
one from you directly..so fuck off

So that this mail is not a total waste...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had just about enough of this
stupid topic... Let's just get the damn boot logo made and forget the whole
damn thing, and as I said in an earlier mail... for those of you who really
want one, there are plenty floating around... GET ONE.