Re: ext2fs corruption

George Bonser (grep@shorelink.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 20:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Colten Edwards wrote:

> same problem and my solution worked for them.. So, check your cables. If
> the HD is on the outside connecter, move it to the middle connecter, or
> get a shorter cable that will allow your connections with minimal cable
> length.

NO! You should always be sure that the last connector is used. You do not
want a long unterminated stub hanging out into space. Even for an IDE
drive this causes signals to be reflected back down the cable and can
cause interference and pick-up of other electrical noise inside the
computer. A good general rule of thumb is to keep cables as short as
possible make sure the very end is connected to something.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?