Re: Boot Logo Questions....

Pat St. Jean (psj@cgmlarson.com)
Fri, 15 May 1998 08:41:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Phil's Kernel Account wrote:
># I'd prefer this order since there are going to be the unforseen times
>#when the card may be capable of it but the monitor isn't. If we default
^^ ^^ ^^^^^^^
>#to plain vanilla text mode and do everything else as an option, the
^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^ ^^^^
>#suprises will be minimised.
>
>Okay, first off. My stand is that we keep it as an OPTION.

That was what I had implied (badly) up there. I apologise for being
vaigue.

>Second, this is the BEST way to scan it, IMO. There are VERY few monitors
>that can't do 640x480x256. And I don't know many people using a 14" VGA on
>a S3 ViRGE/DX. :)

Yep. BUT what happens if the monitor is toast and all they have is a 14"
VGA for the time being?

Pat

--
Patrick St. Jean              '97 XLH 883                psj@cgmlarson.com
Programmer & Systems Administrator                    +1 713-977-4177 x115