Re: kernel growth revisited

Samuli Kaski (samkaski@cs.Helsinki.FI)
Sun, 17 May 1998 10:55:22 +0300 (EEST)

On 17 May 1998, Andi Kleen wrote:

> If you want a bit more accurate comparison check out
> ftp://ftp.firstfloor.org/pub/ak/bloat-o-meter

Nice script indeed. Scary, another of those things I already had in my
$HOME but wasn't aware of it's presence :)

In order to not make this reply coheirent in value with other messages
lately in linux-kernel, here is an idea. When Linus does WHATSNEW when
2.2 is released maybe there should be some value put to those new
additions and features that come with a pricetag attached?

--
Samuli Kaski, samkaski@cs.helsinki.fi
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland.