Re: "Segmentation fault" with isapnptools and glibc-2.0.6

Derrik (dpates@kalifornia.com)
Mon, 18 May 1998 12:09:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 18 May 1998, Andreas Steffan wrote:

> However, I can't get 16bit sound to work with my VibraX16 (SB16)
> pnp-card. I get these messages:
>
> Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
>
> and the kernel oopses sometimes.

I believe it's the Vibra16X that actually DOES NOT use a 16-bit DMA
channel. I helped someone set one up once and found that little tidbit
out. (I don't have one - I love pre-PnP AWE32 cards!) You might try just
not setting the 16-bit DMA channel. If I'm remembering correctly, that
should solve your problem.

Derrik Pates
dpates@kalifornia.com
dpates@acm.org