Re: Sv: pppd broken in 2.1.102?

Truxton King Fulton II (trux@truxton.com)
18 May 1998 13:34:49 -0700

This was discussed on linux-kernel a while ago. The problem as Martin Mares
wrote is in the parsing of the kernel version in pppd. You need to fix the
pppd source yourself and recompile pppd. The latest pppd does not contain
the fix. Look for strcmp(utsname.release, "2.1.16") in pppd/sys-linux.c
and replace these expressions with (1). This is because all kernels >=
2.1.100 compare less than "2.1.16" stringwise. Alternately you can hack
your pppd binary and replace "2.1.16" with "2.1.00".

-Truxton