Re: Hard lockup with 2.0.34pre15

Ondrej Feela Filip (feela@ipex.cz)
Tue, 19 May 1998 10:16:36 +0200 (MET DST)

On 19 May 1998, Jens Lautenbacher wrote:

> Just a little follow-up to that: As I was just told, there was another
> problem yesterday that may be related to this:
>
> Suddenly bash stopped working (it gave segfaults when trie to be
> started) which was fixed by copying the bash binary from another
> machine...
>
> We had this problem with rshd and tcsh, too in the past. Those
> binaries suddenly bcame corrupted (E.g. the tcsh binary from that
> machine differed in 16 consecutive bytes from the tcsh of another
> machine -- and yes, both machines had the same distribution redhat 5.0
> if that matters)

I have the same problem! My machine 2.0.34pre15 Adaptec2940U, 3c905, (And
SDL card with proprietary SDL Frame realy driver :-(( ) sometimes hangs
and sometimes corrupts some important file. Last it was bash and libc. :-(

--
Ondrej Feela Filip
E-mail: feela@ipex.cz