Re: RPMs :o(

david parsons (o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s)
19 May 1998 15:54:01 -0700

In article <linux.kernel.Pine.LNX.3.96.980519175345.330A-100000@tahallah.demon.co.uk>,
Alex Buell <alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I've just been given a .RPM - no tar.gz packages available :o( Is there a
>rpm to tar.gz converter out there?

Caldera has a rpm extractor that will pull the archive out of
an rpm file. The archive is still a gzipped cpio file, but
that's a lot more amenable to being mangled than an rpm file.

(Red hat has something called rpmtocpio, but it requires other
redhat libraries, so it's somewhat less useful to someone who's
just trying to get the goodies out of an rpm jail.)

____
david parsons \bi/ ObKernel: I dunno.
\/