Re: make menuconfing error

Thomas Molina (tmolina@probe.net)
Fri, 22 May 1998 13:11:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 10:24:29AM +0200, Di Iorio Gerardo wrote:
>
> > I have this error: reparing configuration scripts: version, functions,
> > parsingAwk died with error.
>
> You probably have an old version of gawk thats probably segfaulting.
> gawk-2.0.2 definitely fails, gawk-3.0.3 seems to work.

I have gawk 3.0.2 installed which seems to work. This is a redhat 5.0
system. I had to add the trevor-sound.21102 patch, but that is the only
difference from the stock 2.1.103. I used make menuconfig with no
problems after applying this patch.

Even though I have a PAS16 I'm not noticing sound degredation reported
by others.