Re: make menuconfing error

Chris Ricker (kaboom@gatech.edu)
Sat, 23 May 1998 09:13:47 -0400 (EDT)

On 22 May, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 1998 at 10:24:29AM +0200, Di Iorio Gerardo wrote:
>
>> I have this error: reparing configuration scripts: version, functions,
>> parsingAwk died with error.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You probably have an old version of gawk thats probably segfaulting.
> gawk-2.0.2 definitely fails, gawk-3.0.3 seems to work.
>
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gawk-3.0.3.tar.gz
>

> [cc'd: to Chris Ricker (kaboom@gatech.edu) so he can add this to the Changes
> file]

The bug here's not so much gawk as in the kernel itself, which is
currently missing some files while the merges from various people's
trees are getting synced. Granted, it's probably not the best behavior
for gawk just to seg-fault when files are missing, but if the kernel
tree's correct, which it will be eventually, gawk-2.0.2 won't be a
problem.

later,
chris

--