Re: Kernel NFSD

Thu, 28 May 1998 16:35:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Peter Horton wrote:

> Anyone using the kernel NFS server under 2.1.103 (i586) ?
>
> I have a very simple set up exporting only one directory. Everything works
> fine with a 2.1.88 kernel, but fails under 2.1.103 with a 'permission
> denied' error when I try 'mount localhost:/export -t nfs /mnt'.
> I'm using the 0.4.22 KNFS tools. I've tried the latest CVS tree as well...
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

I can confirm, that even with a "used to be proper" entry in /etc/exports,
if I mount a file-system remotely, it is only read-only.
The command:
`mount chaos:/exports /mnt`
... seems to work.
The return-code from `echo "foo" >/mnt/foo` is "no such file or
directory". If I attempt to 'cp /etc/hosts /mnt`. the return code is
"permission denied".

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.103 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).