Re: =?gb2312?B?u9i4tDogaG93IG1hbnkgdXNlcnMgc2xhY2t3YXJlIHN1cHBvcnQ/?=

Derrik (dpates@kalifornia.com)
Fri, 29 May 1998 06:07:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 29 May 1998, Yin Dadian wrote:

> Hi:
> Thanks give me idea. I find it can login more than 200 users now.
> But there are other problem.
> System will tell user "All network ports in use" if there are 230
> or more users on site and someone try to login.
>
> What i must to do now?

Sounds like you might be running out of ttyp/pty devices. Now, I can't say
I know if there's a way to bypass this - far as I know, there's not. Make
sure you've got [pt]typ,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,a,b,c,d,e. Then, you _should_
be able to have up to 256 active telnet sessions (assuming there's
bandwidth enough to go around :).

Derrik Pates
dpates@kalifornia.com
dpates@acm.org