Re: Kernel nfsd and exports question

Mark Hinds (zoro@tc.fluke.com)
Fri, 29 May 1998 15:53:46 -0700

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Serguei Koubouchine wrote:

> I can export such directory tree and mount it from remote system, but when I
> try to access directories where filesystems mounted into exported tree I
> have "permission denied" ...
>
> There is no such problem with user space nfsd.
>
> Any ideas?

I have the same problem. I have:

/etc/fstab:
/dev/hda2 /yonder/usr1 ext2 default,grpid 1 1
/dev/hda3 /yonder/usr2 ext2 default,grpid 1 1
/dev/hdc1 /yonder/usr3 ext2 default,grpid 1 1
etc.

/etc/exports:
/yonder pong(rw) arsene(rw) ...

kexportfs reports:
pong:/yonder: Operation not permitted
arsene:/yonder: Operation not permitted
etc.

and the clients get permission errors when they try to mount
yonder:/yonder
or
yonder:/yonder/usr[123]

Mark Hinds