Re: ide-scsi.c bug

Mike (ford@omnicron.com)
Sat, 30 May 98 17:27:48 -0700

> From: Daniel R Risacher <risacher@worldnet.att.net>
>
> Now, I'm not a full time kernel hacker, and I couldn't find decent
> comments anywhere on what the "flags" parameter to spin_lock_irqsave()
> really means, but I tried replacing the two suspicious calls and it
> seems to have resolved the problems I was observing. I was unnverved
> by the fact that in many drivers, (as in this one) the "flags"
> parameter to spin_lock_irqsave() seems to be uninitialized.

Don't be fooled by the macro; the flags parameter is written (not
read) by spin_lock_irqsave and then read by spin_unlock_irqrestore.

-=] Ford [=-

"Once there were parking lots, now (In Real Life: Mike Ditto)
it's a peaceful oasis. ford@omnicron.com
This was a Pizza Hut, now it's all http://www.omnicron.com/~ford/ford.html
covered with daisies." - Talking Heads, "Nothing but Flowers"