Re: Some more data-points for "crashme"

Erik Corry (erik@arbat.com)
Sun, 31 May 1998 11:10:32 +0200

In article <3570419C.881A024B@xss.co.at> you wrote:
> Hi all!

> In addition to my previous report I would like to add some
> more data-points:

> As some people suggested, I let crashme run on systems with
> an underclocked AMD CPU. Result: all systems locked hard,
> with a time period scaling with the lower clock frequency!

Try removing some RAM. There was an issue (now resolved) with
gcc and trampolines and more than 32MB and K6. Perhaps this
is related. Perhaps mem=32M isn't enough, you need to actually
remove the RAM.

Try booting with nohlt and/or softfpu (spelling?).

I assume you have compiled the kernel with APM (Power management).
That often causes problems on desktops.

Just a few random ideas.

--
Erik Corry