Re: alternate /proc/config.gz patch and a kfree question.

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@MIT.EDU)
31 May 1998 14:52:51 -0500

"Andrew J. Anderson" <andrew@db.erau.edu> writes:

> On Sun, 31 May 1998, Nicholas J. Leon wrote:
>
> > * it was my understand that perl was a no-no for mainstream inclusion. Cuz
> > if it isn't, I reduce my two pronged approach (1 .sh, 1.c) into a single
> > perl script.
>
> Well, I've seen it used for the NCR scsi drivers for eons now, so that's
> why I didn't consider it taboo to user it.

That's a different situation; that script's output is completely
system-independent and is distributed with the kernel, so it's
basically never run, whereas just about everybody who enabled
/proc/config would need to run your script.