Re: New compilation error for 2.0.34 !

BUSALLI Olivier (bubu@cornut.fr)
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 15:05:07 -0100

Alan Cox wrote:

> > I've Redhat 4.2, and when compiling kernel 2.0.34 i've the errors :
> > ---
> > ps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=586 -DMODVERSIONS -DEXPORT_SYMTAB -c
> > firewall.c
> > firewall.c:151: macro `_basic_version' used with just one arg
> > firewall.c:152: macro `_basic_version' used with just one arg
> > firewall.c:153: macro `_basic_version' used with just one arg
> > firewall.c:154: macro `_basic_version' used with just one arg
> > firewall.c:155: macro `_basic_version' used with just one arg
>
> You didnt build completely from clean. There is a problem somewhere in all
> the 2.0.x dependancies when you build from non clean and have changed the
> modversions setting

Oki ! It's work great !

I've just compiled it under Linux RedHat 4.2 and RedHat 5.1 and it compiles
on both box !! :)

thx a lot

Another question : I've to change number of filedescriptor !! I can just
change it in /usr/include/gnu/types.h ??? or i've to apply a patch to the
kernel ???

Regards,

Olivier